Credit: Instagram @once._upon._a._time._events
Last week, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced the birth of their second child, Lilibet 'Lili' Diana Mountbatten-Windsor to the public. The couple are currently living in California with the newborn and their first child, Archie, which means the tradition of a royal christening is very unlikely (a ten hour flight with a toddler and a newborn sounds like a no-go to us!). After Archie was baptised in Windsor in 2019, a christening does seem to be on the cards, whether it is a small gathering in the US or a very belated one in the future. Christenings are always a great way to celebrate a new addition to the family so hopefully it won’t be long until we are seeing images of the event, whatever form it takes!
Credit: Instagram @laurellefashion
It has been a long time since some of us across the world have been able to attend events such as christenings but with lockdowns gradually easing, you may have found yourself booked up this summer. Like weddings, christenings can be very difficult to prepare for when it comes to choosing the perfect wardrobe. What is too formal? Which colours are most appropriate? How do I dress for this special occasion?
Don’t worry! Dressing for this occasion is not as tricky as a wedding where there are rules about which colours you should avoid and there is the fear of upstaging certain people.
Credit: Instagram @fitforweddings
Here at Ultamodan we have put together some beautiful looks which are sure to hit the perfect balance to make you stand out for all the right reasons. From dresses to co-ords, we have some excellent choices which are fit for even a royal christening.
1. This gorgeous women's one-shoulder dress with soft draping is perfect for any woman! This midi dress has the ability to flatter any body type, with extra fabric around the stomach to hide any lumps and bumps and a tie around belt to since in around the waist. The drape style wrap around dress is a lovely soft green colour so it's a nice change for those who want to steer clear of neutrals while not being too bold.
2. This dress has a more demure feel, with a classic cut and lovely satin fabric. It comes in three colour ways but we love the dusty pink, beige shade which has a very sophisticated feel. It is a very modest midi dress, with long lantern sleeves and a flowing a line skirt. This is a smart option is you will be attending a church ceremony where you may want to be more covered up. Great for women who want to feel beautiful without showing too much skin!
3. If tailoring is more your style, this short suit is perfect to keep you looking sharp without looking like you just arrived from a business meeting. The high waisted shorts and oversized blazer combination feels very stylish and is surprisingly easy to wear.
4. Another green number but this time, we have this ditsy floral print. Stay on trend with puff sleeves in this cute, ruffled midi dress with drawstring detail down the front. This looks stunning paired with a white bag and shoes for a special occasion. It is great for a christening but will also transfer well to a more casual dress if you want to get more wear out of it.
5. Maybe dresses aren't what you would normally wear, that's fine! We think a relaxed pantsuit would work perfectly. It has a very chic feel, with the belted double breasted blazer and slightly cropped, wide leg trousers. The beige is a good choice for christenings but it also comes in a muted green which would also feel appropriate for church ceremonies or more informal ceremonies alike.
6. If you are in the colder climates and need a jacket to throw on, this tailored long line blazer is the perfect choice. It is a great, formal jacket which will compliment your stylish dresses or slick suiting. It also comes in several colours so you can ensure a cohesive outfit. The lemon yellow is a particular favourite but it also comes in pink, orange or if you want a classic option- black.
Cover picture credit: Instagram @_clarablu_